30 Ways To Attain Happiness (3rd Edition) by Muhammad Bin Abdilaah Ash Shaayi'
Author: Muhammad Bin Abdillaah Ash Shaayi'
Publisher: Dakwah Corner Bookstore
Year Published: 2016
This great book is guidance for all especially the Muslims society in our daily life as it presents the ways of dealing with the daily life cycle, accepting the pasts and bracing for tomorrows based on the teaching of the Qur’an and Sunnah.
Table of content
- Ponder and Give Thanks
- The Past is Gone!
- Today is Yours
- Leave the Future Until It Comes
- Coping With Wicked Criticism
- Don't Await Thanks From Anybody
- Being Nice to Others is the Heart's Comfort
- Occupying Spare Time With Work
- Don't Be a Sycophant
- Qadaa and Qadar
- Certainly, With Hardship, There is Relief
- Make a Pleasant Drink From the Lemon
- Is Not He Who Responds to the Distressed One, When He Calls Him?
- Stay in Your House!
- Recompense is From Allah!
- Eemaan is Life
- Squeeze the Honey But Break Not the Hive
- Verily in the Remembrance of Allah Do Minds Find Rest
- Or Do They Envy Men for What Allah Has Bestowed Them of His Bounty?
- Face Life as It is
- Take Consolation From the Stricken
- The Prayer... The Prayer
- Allah is Sufficient for Us and is the Best Disposer of Affairs
- Say: 'Travel in the Land'
- Patience is Beautiful
- Do Not Place the Globe on Your Head
- Don't Be Ignited by Petty Things
- Be Contented With What Allah Has
I have finished reading this a week ago. The book is very thin I would say. But I love the chapters that were being discussed by the author.
Some of the chapters I would say redundant but if you see it from another point of view, repeating something similar few times actually helps us a lot in remembering right.
4🌟 read for me. For more details on the book review you may check it out in my IG @kakellereads ❤️
Happy reading fellow bookworms ❤️❤️❤️
Book of guidance for Muslims in our daily life as it presents ways of dealing with the daily life occurrences, accepting the past, bracing up tomorrow based on the guidance of Quran and Sunnah.
Despair, sadness, misery are Allah's creations. Only Allah can remove His creations. Allah creates happiness, only Allah can give it to whomever He wants.
I love everything about this book. The language is simple. The price is cheap. The elaboration is short for each step to attain happiness. Some of the sentences pierced into my heart that made me reflect and relate it with my life experiences.
Even though it only has 98 pages and can be finished in one sitting, it took me 3 days to finish. Each chapter made me think. I spent a lot of time thinking, relating and finding ways how to practice it in daily life.
I love how this book made me feel like I need other three notebooks to fully utilize '30 ways to attain happiness'. The first notebook is used to write reflections. The second notebook is actually my 2021 journal which I'll use to practice one tip per day. The third notebook is to list unknown words used (yea I still have one book specifically for vocabulary like we did in school)
I love how this book using the Quran to derive the tips. It made me go upstairs, get my Quran and highlight the verses used. Reading it is like reading al-Quran and really understand the verses.
Since today is 18th February. I decided to practice the 18th way to attain happiness. Thus, I noted it in the journal.